Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
I am thrilled to have been chosen by Lauren Maurer (http://laurenspaintpalette.blogspot.com) to receive the Passion for Painting Award. Thank you so very much Lauren for this amazing recognition. All reading this, please take a hop over to Lauren's blog and see her beautiful work. Those of you who enjoy the Karin Jurick's DSDF challenges will find Lauren's amazing renditions to be there as well as her other works.
Rules are as follows: List seven things that you love...link to the artist who tagged you for this honor...pass the honor on to seven artists you feel should receive the recognition and let them know they received the award.
Things I Love:
1. My first love is my family. I am blessed to be married to David who is my best friend in addition to being my husband. We live a fabulous life together having raised our five children and watched them move onto their adult lives. We are so proud of each of our five children, our two sons-in-law, our daughter in law and daughter in law to be (June 27) and our precious grandchild Eleanor. I am also extremely blessed that my 92 year old father is still active and plays golf and enjoys life every single day.
2. I absolutely adore my dog, Samantha. She is part beagle/part English setter and is spoiled beyond words!
3. I love spending weekends in the mountains of North Carolina near Flat Rock. There is so much peace and beauty in the area.
4. I love Bald Head Island, NC. If ever there was a perfect beach, this is it. Though we only go once a year, I love each and every minute of it.
5. I love art supplies. I love to shop for them, to buy them, to open and play with them and to experiment with all kinds. Cheap Joes loves me for this!!
6. I love my husband's cooking. He is so good at it and I never have a bad dinner.
7. I love home grown tomatoes and look forward to Spring and Summer so that we can enjoy David's garden.
Seven Artists I Tag for This Award
1. Alicia Sotherland
2. Cathy Gatland
3. Arti Chauham
4. Sheila Tajima
5. Carol Marine
6. Carol Horzempa
7. Olga Wagner
Sunday, March 22, 2009
This is a painting of a dog named Jackson. He lives in an inn in Pearisburg, Virgina where my son is getting married this June to an adorable girl named Ashley. Corey and Ashley met Jackson while there planning their wedding and asked me to paint him as a gift to the owners of the inn. This ones for you...Corey, Ashley and of course ...Jackson.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
This is a 14 x 14 inch linen acrylic painting I did this weekend. The weather in NC this weekend was foggy and raining most of the weekend. I found myself wishing for a summer day and a good read. This is the result.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
This is an adorable little house on a family farm that my sister-in-laws restored. I am usually not attracted to painting houses, architecture, etc., but I took this photo recently and realized that this house has so much charm and is so full of family memories. This is not for sale and I am offering to my dear sister-in -law Edith if she would like it. Edith, this one is for you.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Experimenting with getting the look with fewer and more thought out strokes. Think this worked. Monday Morning is a reflection back at Nathan and Alex Cobert waiting for the school bus about fifteen years ago. Love the simple look of it. Let me know your thoughts?