Sunday, October 3, 2010

Adoration

This painting is a 16 x 20 inch original oil painting in my usual impressionist manner.  The colors are primarily soft using Terra Verte in the background, a transparent green.  The subject is a mother and a child and the obvious loving look from the mother.  I added texture with my palette knife.

This is my favorite painting ever!  I love the way the baby and his/her face came together.  Babies are the toughest of all subjects.  To gain the youthful expression can be very challenging.

This one will be for sale and you can email me for details.

2 comments:

  1. Your impressionistic handling and subject matter reminds me of the mother & child portraits by Mary Cassatt. Very nice, Anne Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment Carol.

    ReplyDelete