Friday, August 13, 2010

Curtain Call Original Pastel

This is a pastel painting that I have posted before so excuse the repeat but this is one of the paintings that was accepted into the Cabarrus Art Guild juried show!  I believe that the majority of the paintings are oil and acrylic but I have two pastel pieces in the show.

PASTEL ARTISTS that I admire include two that I have had the pleasure to study under.  The first one is Alicia Sotherland.  She is not only a fabulous artist and teacher but a great friend.  Please take a look at her work.  Alicia Sotherland Website

The second one is Margaret Dyer.  She does pastel figuratives and also gave me some tools for my artists toolbox during a workshop last year.  Margaret Dyers blog

Pastels are wonderful but remember if you buy one...must be framed under glass to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment